Diethyl dipropylmalonate CAS 6065-63-0 Product Information
|Dipropylpropanedioic acid diethyl ester;Diethyldi-n-propylmalonate,97%;2-(3-ethylpentyl)-2-propylpropanedioate;Dietyle Dipropyle Amlonate;DIETHYL DIPROPYL MALONATE – REVERSE;2,2-Dipropylmalonic acid diethyl ester;Diethyl dipropyl;diethyl 2,2-dipropylpropanedioate
|Chloroform (Slightly), Methanol (Slightly)
|Light Yellow Oil
Diethyl dipropylmalonate CAS 6065-63-0 applications
- Chemical Structure: Diethyl dipropylmalonate is an ester formed by the condensation of two molecules of diethyl malonate with one molecule of propyl alcohol. Its chemical formula is C14H24O4.
- Synthetic Applications: Diethyl dipropylmalonate is primarily used as a building block or intermediate in organic synthesis. It can undergo various chemical transformations, such as hydrolysis, oxidation, and substitution reactions, to yield a range of compounds with diverse structures and properties.
- Pharmaceutical and Agrochemical Applications: Diethyl dipropylmalonate and its derivatives have been employed in the synthesis of pharmaceuticals and agrochemicals. They serve as key starting materials for the production of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and crop protection agents.
- Malonic Ester Synthesis: Diethyl dipropylmalonate is part of a class of compounds referred to as malonic esters. Malonic ester synthesis involves the condensation of malonic esters with other reagents, followed by subsequent chemical transformations. This synthetic approach is commonly used to introduce alkyl or aryl groups into organic molecules.
- Research and Experimental Uses: Diethyl dipropylmalonate is utilized in scientific research and experimental studies in organic chemistry. It is often employed as a versatile and readily available reagent for the synthesis of complex organic compounds.